Friday, March 27, 2009

She's Here!!

Britta Cathrine Black was born March 26 2009 at 1:42 pm. Measuring in at a whomping 5lbs 1oz and 17in long. She has a lot of Kierra's facial features but is as blonde as can be.

Wednesday my doctor stripped my membranes and at one in the morning labor began. It was a lot more rough than it was with Kierra but I dealt. We got to the hospital at 5:30 and by 9:00 I was dilated to an 8. Once they broke my water, she came quick. This time I only pushed for 10 minutes. She is just a little peanut.

I am recovering remarkably compared to last time and feel great. Britta was admitted to the NICU last night though. She can't keep her temperature up and her oxygen levels keep dropping. I have been really impressed with the nursing staff here and how they have taken care of me and Britta. They have kept me up to date on her progress so well and are actually taking care of my concerns.


Here are some pics.






3 comments:

Hugo said...

She is so freaking cute! I am so jealous.

Melissa

Katrina said...

Adorable! I can hardly wait to hold her.

I'm so glad things went so much much better than last time. And blogging about it already my goodness!

I liked that hospital too. If we have another someday I would like to go back there. Let them do as much work as possible so you get at least a little rest before coming home.

By the way I'm happy to have Kierra come play at our place so you have time to rest. Let me know and I can come get her, Wednesdays and Fridays are especially easy days for me to drive out there.

Jenny said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations. Here's hoping to a speedy and healthy recovery for both of you!