Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Explanation of the Tunes

I thought I would explain why there is such a mixture of song choices on the music player. Some songs are ones that I just like, but others have something behind them.
Probably the most important one on there is "Travelin Soldier" by the Dixie Chicks. I know they aren't that popular but the lyrics of the song have deep meaning to me. The first time I heard the song was at the beginning of 2003. This time was very hard on us as Richard's unit had just been activated to go to Iraq. We were watching SNL and they were performing on there. I cried and cried throughout the song. I think that was the point when I became determined to get Richard out.
Weezer is on there of course because if it wasn't for them, we would have never met. Well, that is only partially true. We probably should give most of the credit to Kevin and Sara Cook. It makes for a better story though with a Weezer concert in Idaho.
The song "Something" by the Beatles has always been one of my favorites. When I was younger, I was obsessed with the Beatles and my favorite Beatle was George Harrison. Richard thinks it's weird that I have all of their songs memorized.
Since it is widely known that I am a Harry Potter freak, the theme song is on there. But that is not as shocking as the song "Pilgrim" by Enya. This is a song that I reserved for the 7th or probably the 8th movie. As Harry discovers that he must surrender himself to die and walks through the forbidden forrest, this song to me sets the scene. I cried and cried in this chapter.
Last but not least is the song "Toast". This song always got me laughing on the early morning drives to work listening to the Bob and Tom show. I suggest you take a listen, it is quite good.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I like the pilgrim song. I could see that song playing in that scene. Hmmm, I was going to write something else but I am now being distracted by my own 'satan' baby.