Friday, May 9, 2008

San Diego

So we made it there alive and very tired. The first day we got there we hated it. Our hotel was kind of in the ghetto. The room was ok but I am glad Kierra is walking now so that she didn't have to crawl on the carpet. We walked to get dinner down the street and there was a guy on the sidewalk getting super drunk. We really looked stupid with a stroller thinking it was ok to walk places. Getting Kierra to sleep that first night was kind of hard but she eventually did it.

Unfortunately we arrived without our Air Race tickets. They never arrived in the mail (and still haven't). So instead of going to that, we went to Balboa Park. It was really pretty and a ton of museums. After that we navigated our way to mission beach. Being that it was only 60 degrees, there were quite a few people laying out and swimming in the ocean. I thought it was a bit to cold for that. It was awesome to see the beach. I have never been to a pacific beach like this before. I wish I could have worn the bikini that I bought though. We played in the sand with Kierra. She really liked it. It was fun to see the beach houses and how much people were asking for them.

Monday we went to Sea World. I thought this was the highlight of our trip. It was a nice day for it too. The shows were really fun and it was nice to see that Kierra enjoyed them too. We got to have personal interaction with some of the animals like dolphins and bat rays. The food sucked, but it's a theme park, what are you going to do. We bought Kierra a stuffed shamu. She really likes it. I think her favorite thing there was one particular walrus. He had his mouth up against the glass and he kept spitting out his food and sucking it back in. It was really disgusting.

Tuesday we went to the San Diego Zoo. It was a really cold day and it sprinkled on and off. I had hurt my foot somehow at Sea World, so I was really hurting at the zoo. Richard and I enjoyed all of the different types of kitties and Kierra liked the elephants. They have a children's zoo there as well where the kids can pet goats and other types of farm animals. It was cute to see Kierra interested in a goat. This zoo was unlike any that I have been to. I couldn't believe how many area's looked like natural habitats. Tons of trees and canyons. It was nice that there were moving walkways up some of the canyons because I was really needing them.

Wednesday we left for the drive home. Kierra probably slept for about a half an hour in the 13 hour drive. We had to keep stopping to change her diaper. By the time we got home, I think that we were all ready to ring each other's necks. No more road trips for me. Hopefully a cruise without a baby is on the horizon for us.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We saw lots of footage on the news about the redbull air show, looked like so much fun. I think it's cool that you guys went on your first road trip. I'm glad you had a good time. I remember our first road trip to Colorado, with us in the company car. Tyler puked all over the back seat (at least it wasn't ours, but we still had to clean it up). I'de love to take a cruise in the near future, without my kids too, all mothers deserve it.

Cydnee Gee said...

hey, you got your slide show up, i knew you could do it! love the slideshow, looks like a great time.