Saturday, May 10, 2008

Warning: Complaint Below

Since I am really only 30 credit hours away from my bachelors degree, I have been considering going back to school. The problem is, I don't know what to do. I have people telling me to go back into occupational therapy, but I am just affraid of screwing up. There is also the problem that I am not sure who's education is more important right now, mine or Richard's. Even though Richard's would be for free, there is still the time taken away from our family if both of us are going at the same time. Although, he isn't sure what he wants his degree to be in either. It doesn't matter much I guess what you have to get into the FBI. But lets get back to me. I have discovered that I am good at things that are medically related. I actually get that kind of stuff. My problem is my lack of confidence in my ability to apply my knowledge in a practical situation. So now I am just mumbling. I have felt that since I quit my job at Globus, I have been losing my smarts. There is nothing to keep my brains on their toes. Besides that, I am freaking 27 years old with an associates degree. What have I done with my life?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

What have you done with your life? You're a mom and that's incredible!

And as far as the debate as whether or not to go back, I say do it. It will probably only get harder with the more kids you have so now is a good time. And why not do something for you? Something that will challenge your mind so you don't feel like you're losing it. ;0)

My hubby was originally going to try for the FBI (before he got on the fire department) and he majored in Criminal Justice. I know that the FBI requires a Bachelor's but I don't know if the field matters or not.

Anyway, just take some time to think about what YOU really want. I am a strong supporter in making sure you get some YOU time.